Re: [TowerTalk] Brand new and appreciate help---Glen Martintower&more...

To: "w0mu" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "'Cary Brooks'" <cary18@pacbell.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Brand new and appreciate help---Glen Martintower&more....
From: "Malcolm Ringel" <mringel@bluecrab.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:55:58 -0500
Congrats on the upgrade .... welcome to a great group. Don't let the OF's
run you off or make you question your decision , H I !
Great selection of rig, antenna, and rotator.
If you do as instructed re mounting the GM  roof top, it will be
time-consuming and potentially awkward, depending upon the physical
circumstances of the inside of your roof, accessibility, etc. ...BUT, given
the stresses, if it were me, I would do it the way GM says and even over-do
it . I seem to recall that the drawings are on the GM site ....somewhere....
BUT ...Do yourself a favor and at least consider/investigate , if
measurements/distances/circumstances allow, a tower which can be bracketed
to the outside of your house as high up as possible....leaving you with,
perhaps, no need for guys at all. Usually, such towers also have less
demanding base installation dimensions, etc. There's always a trade-off
somewhere, but be certain to put safety (immediate and future) at the top of
your list.
&3 and good luck
Malcolm, K3KZ