Re: [TowerTalk] Positoners Calibration to True North

To: "VK2SN - Sean P Neylon" <sean@vk2sn.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Positoners Calibration to True North
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 01:53:29 +0000
Sean:

     Here's a page from the US's NOAA that allow you to calculate magnetic
declination for any location on the planet during the near future (it's a
slowly varying value due the the daily wandering of the Earth's magnetic
poles):  http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/geomag/declination.shtml .

    FYI:  Sydney's current declination is calculated to be 12° 37' E, or True
North is actually 12 deg 37 min to the west of magnetic north in Sydney.
(Check out http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/geomag/icons/case1.gif for an example.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F