[TowerTalk] sloper : grounded coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sloper : grounded coax
From: "Federico Zanini IK3UMT" <ik3umt@ir3ip.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 00:32:21 +0100
Hi All
Just a question :
I own a 40-80-160 alpha-delta DX-A double half sloper (coax braid connected
to the top of tower).
It works fine but i note some rfi problem as coax braid offer a good path to
RF into my shack (a coax choke was made at feedpoint).
Tower is grounded, so, is it useful to connect coax braid to tower on lowest
possible point in order to offer an alternative "low resistance" path to rf
current flowing down ????
How much useful a device like radioworks "line insulator" is for my problem
??
Thank you very much.
73 de federico ik3umt