[TowerTalk] Non-symetrical radials

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Non-symetrical radials
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:04:18 -0500
I have had several vertical antennas that were mounted either close
to the house, close to a road, or close to property boundaries.  (160
meter, 80 meter, and 40 meters).  Most of my radials were the
correct lenghts (at least they started that way--I did lose a few to the
lawn mower).  Just start laying the radials (the more the merrier)
and bend them when they come to a boundary or whatever.  I never
could determine if my signals were affected.  The antennas all
played great (coaxial inverted Ls),  Use as large diameter wire as
you can find for the radials (I used junk coax at two of my qths and
found it to be great).

I hope to be installing the verticals at this new QTH over the next
couple of months.  Sure miss being off the air!

73s