Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted: AO software

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wanted: AO software
From: "Jason Creager" <jason@creager.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:46:42 -0800
On 12/9/2005 at 11:41 AM Al Williams wrote:

>I wonder what the copyright laws have to say about this type of
>situation; when the copyright holder will not sell it to customers or a
select group
>of customers?

Most likely, absolutely nothing unless this guy wrote it with government
money. He doesn't HAVE to sell it to anyone.

It's similar to the people who were complaining that the programming
providers scrambling their content on C-band satellite. If it's private
content, then they don't HAVE to let anyone have access to it. Of course,
they wouldn't stay in business very long if the didn't, but...
- Jason - KC0ERG
http://jason.creager.com                kc0erg@qsl.net          Las Vegas, NV
All responses subject to the terms of
http://jason.creager.com/disclaimer.html