Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM240
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:12:32 -0600
Anthony DeBiasi wrote:

>What is the general consensus about grounding the reflector element to the
>boom?  Would especially be interested in hearing from CC XM240 owners.
>
>..Tony K2SG

See:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2005-08/msg00534.html
After hearing reports of static discharge from the reflector to the
boom, and doing an EZNEC analysis which, as expected, showed no
difference in performance with the reflector connected or not, I decided
to strap the reflector to the boom.  I used a short piece of soft
aluminum cut in the shape of an L.  Clamped the bottom part of the L to
the center of the reflector, bent the upper part of the L into a U
shape, and fitted it under the reflector U-channel support, drilled a
hole in the U channel and the strap, and secured it with a screw and
nut.  I also added some Noalox to the joints.

Jerry, K4SAV