Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire resonance

To: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy wire resonance
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:06:50 -0500
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 10:45 AM

> Dave, this is good advice and a good place to start but I seem to remember
> an interesting analysis Beezley did with an early version on MN many years
> ago.  I think he was using MN but I might be wrong.  He did an analysis of
> the f/b and gain of some HF yagi on a tower using the guy wire
> recommendations given in the ARRL antenna book.  The pattern and f/b were
> effectively altered in a negative way.  I think it might be a good idea to
> start with those recommendations but to model the actual lengths to be
> sure.

I've always used 3', 6', 9', 9', 10', and 20' the rest of the way.  For
steel guys I always keep the conductve part short close to the antenna.
With the steep top guys which seem to have less effect  I quit worrying
about the length after about 40'. Whether the antennas worked because of, or
inspite of the lengths I used, I don't know.  they are different than the
lengths in the hand book.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com