[TowerTalk] K9LTN array

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K9LTN array
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:13:32 -0500
I gather K9LTN is a DXer, so maybe that's the criterion he designed and built
this for, and it may work quite well for what he intended it for.

Most contesters would avoid horizontal stacking, to avoid narrowing the lobe
too much.  DXers may be looking for a pinpoint pattern when chasing that rare
DXpedition, and the toughest ones tend to be on the other side of the world --
or even longpath -- where the low angle may be just the ticket.

I think contesters would avoid the horizontal stacking, which clearly adds a
lot of mechanical complexity anyway.  Which is why contesters always vertical
stack rather than horizontal.

73 - Rich, KE3Q