Re: [TowerTalk] VBI-360s "Beam Direction Indicator"

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] VBI-360s "Beam Direction Indicator"
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 07:28:42 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I think it was in NCJ that they used to advertise those wall-mounted Beam
Direction Indicator units, and I believe I saw them being sold at Dayton some
years ago. I wanted to get one for my new QTH, but like so many ham-related
businesses, they appeared to be one of those places that quickly "came and
went". They seemed to be no longer listed in any magazines, and I never could
get any response to letters, etc. when I tried to inquire about buying one.

It's businesses like that which make me afraid to buy anything out of the
magazines or at hamfests, except from some of the big-name manufacturers. Lots
of little businesses touting their whiz-bang products, then they disappear
shortly after you've paid for the unit.

I'd still like to have one of those units centered on my QTH!

LJ