Re: [TowerTalk] "Texas" Tower Installation near Blanco

To: k0wa@swbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Texas" Tower Installation near Blanco
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:22:55 -0800
Hello Lee, and the group,

I wanted to get better at using Google Maps, (SUCH AN INCREDIBLE PROGRAM,
http://www.maps.google.com )   found Blanco quickly, (type in Blanco Texas
at http://www.maps.google.com and you are there, with either aerial photos,
or street maps, or all of the above, hybridized.  Used  http://www.qrz.com ,
  Found its zip code (78606), then got the list of hams from that zip code,
one of whom may be recognized as the 'big gun' whose antenna farm you
describe.

You might take a look at the google map that came up for me by clicking on:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=blanco+Texas&ll=30.094420,-98.421793&spn=0.097215,0.204826&t=h&hl=en

Then from your memory of your travel, find the very tower farm in in the
picture, and email your map/photo to us...

If anyone out there knows how to view or capture a google map or aerial
photo, and then add a symbol of your choice  (say, an arrow  meaning HERE)
and then email the map with your arrow to another person, I would REALLY
like to know how to do that.

If anyone can suggest to Google, a great enhancement to their already great
program, see if they can add a Lat Long coordinate printout to the current
cursor position...
Happy New Year!
73, DX, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com