Re: [TowerTalk] bip/bop, imho, etc

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bip/bop, imho, etc
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:04:20 EST
In a message dated 12/28/05 12:40:47 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
ad4hk2004@yahoo.com writes:
Given that the two antennas are coupling which changes their impedence and
reactance, and given the two antennas are different heights above ground which
changes their impedence and reactance, I doubt that the resultant phase
difference is the expected 180 degrees...
They may not be exactly 180 degrees, but from what I have read, 10 or 15
degrees one way or the other doesn't make a whole lot of difference.  But,
after
using BIP/BOP for 15 years, I can tell you, there is a difference.

Bill  K4XS