[TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:00:29 -0600
If they were my screw anchors and it is not freezing were you are you can
water the ground slowly over a couple of days.That will help"pack" the
ground.As far as some saying screw anchors are not very good anchors I would
disagree,in common loamy type soil and undisturded they are as good as
anything.I have tried to pull common 8' by 6 foot ones out of the ground
with our 450 HP 8 wheel drive John Deere tractor and all it ever does is
just REALLY mess up the lawn.They are in to stay and won't come out unless
they rot away.I also have had cement ones down below the frost line here(6
feet) and they pushed out.Give me a screw anchor any day.   Gregg  K9KL