Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555

To: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:06:07 -0800 (PST)
Don and Diana Cunningham wrote:
>wer.  Also, I didn't raise and lower that
> often,
> so may opt for a manual version to start and see how that goes.  I do KNOW

Yes, you need to start with the Armstrong version and see how hard it is.
How "hard" it is to crank up a given tower depends on what kind
shape you are in and other variables, like ergonomics of the winch
handle placement and believe it or not, air temperature.  When I
first got my HDX-5106, the tilt over winch was a bear to operate.  Now I
can crank it up in 15 minutes, because my cranking muscles have
built up.  I was going to get a motor, but now I don't feel
the need to get a motor.

> don't want any more used ones, hi.  Thanks for your input.
> 73,
> Don, WB5HAK

Any particular used tower horror story you want to share?

Rick N6RK