Re: [TowerTalk] SWR shifts with power

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR shifts with power
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:24:09 +0100 (CET)
I gather that there's a beam providing top loading? if so, you can have fun
things happening in the rotator. I had a 205BA providing top loading and  a T2X
rotator. The RF current through the capacity hat that the 205BA represented had
a lower impedance path through the rotator than through the tower bearing. This
led to the position indicator pot in the T2X burning up. $25 - ouch!
My T2X now has some 0.01 microfarad disc ceramics bypassing the ends of the
position indicator pot to ground, and there's a strap around the stub mast with
pigtail to the tower.
73
Peter SM/G3RZP (this week)

Message Received: Jan 24 2006, 05:01 AM