[TowerTalk] Vertical Antennas

To: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>,TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical Antennas
From: Red <RedHaines@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:39:30 -0600
Hi, Lee;

Base loaded verticals work, of course.  It may be easier to lower the
losses associated with short antennas with top loading, such as the "T"
or the inverted L.  Top hats work well, too, but the size required may
not be so practical on an 80 meter antenna.  I recommend that you study
Jerry Sevick's articles in QST (July 1971, March 1973, and April 1978)
or his book, "The Short Vertical Antenna and Ground Radial," published
by CQ Communications.  The book also has a chapter on loading coils that
examines losses in various models.

73 de WOØW