[TowerTalk] 40m wire/city lot

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40m wire/city lot
From: "Mike Bragassa, K5UO" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:28:17 -0600
What worked great for DX in 2 previous homes w/ similar size lot  restrictions,
was a full wave delta loop, apex up,  low corner fed w/ 1/4 wave 75 ohm to 53
ohm to radio. You must have about 50-60 feet of height in the center to string
this up and not choke people in your yard, of course. If the choice is to
string it up such that you are little bit (key word: "little bit") short of
stretching it out completely; I have used "property-extenders". Put up some TV
tubing (1.5"~) at the property line on each side and tie of the loop. This was
an excellent DX antenna; only improved upon when I put up a 2 ele yagi on the
tower.

Mike, K5UO, 9H3UO

  Message: 1