To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 38, Issue 9
From: Jerry Reed <w5rcq@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 14:38:32 -0700
I have a couple of tall skinny palm trees about 40' to 50' tall and I am
thinking about hanging the center of a diople from one of them like an
inverted V for 40 and 80 meters.  Any one know if the sap or water
content of the palm tree is a problem?  How do I attach the antenna to
the palm tree without killing it?  It wouldn't seem good to drive a
spike into it and a tight band around the tree seems like it might be a
problem as it grows.  I would like to rig a pulley near the top of the
tree and run a nylon line through it so that I could pull the center of
the dioples up and down without climbing the tree.  Anyone have
experience with a "Palm Tree Tower"?
73 Jerry W5RCQ