[TowerTalk] A near iminent TX-455 failure - a epologue

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] A near iminent TX-455 failure - a epologue
From: Nick - VE3EY <ve3ey@fireroute.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:57:16 -0500
Here is the epilogue for my friend's TX-455 story

The owner hired a structural welder to repair his broken crank-up
tower.   He has done the following:

1. He inserted 20 inch reinforcing rods into each of the tower legs.
The drainage was taken into account to prevent the watter from freezing
inside.
2. Additional reinforcing ears were welded on top of the existing ears
and to each of the tower legs.
The last three pictures from the URL link below show the repaired
tower.  The work was completed about 6 weeks ago and so far there has
been no problems.
http://dx.fireroute.com/TX455

A big thank-you to everyone who provided assistance via TT reflector and
through private correspondence.

73,
Nick - ve3ey