Re: [TowerTalk] Blocking a Crankup

To: towertalk@contesting.com, K6TFZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Blocking a Crankup
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:24:14 EST

In a message dated 2/10/2006 9:02:52 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  What is the best way to block a crankup before climbing  it?

    The methods I use it to put something under the  bottom of each section
and through the adjacent diagonals - a piece of pipe or  2x4 both work - or put
a U-bolt around the leg just under the bottom of  each section.

>  It would be down and almost nested except for top  section
so that the rotator can be  serviced.

Actually the tower probably  has to be partially extended so that the rotator
is out enough so you can reach  it. Trying to work thru multiple tower
sections to do anything with  the rotator is tough.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Cell: 206-890-4188