[TowerTalk] Rohn-Loc hardware

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn-Loc hardware
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:01:12 -0800
I'm curious what other folks are doing for the Rohn-Loc system.  I am used
to working on Microflect/Valmont towers which use a similar system, however
the safety cable is continuous and I have the appropriate safety device.
The Rohn-Loc system is attached every 20 feet or so and requires the
specific Rohn-Loc device.  I purchased one, but it is an integral part of a
nice Klein Harness.  I have a much better (more comfortable) Elk River
harness, so I would prefer to use the device with that harness.

I have not seen a place to get just the Rohn-Loc device, but I'm sure other
climbers must use the device with a comfortable harness?  The only option I
see is to waste a $250 harness to get the Rohn-Loc thingee off there and
then attach it to my harness with a locking carabiner.

Daron
N7HQR