Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Raising Fixture

To: "Jim Rhodes" <k0xu@iowadsl.net>, <K7fe@aol.com>,<willisw200@msn.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Raising Fixture
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@wwnw.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 06:49:24 -0800
The raising fixture on my TX472 has a 2 to 1 mechanical advantage. The cable
end is attached to the top of the fixture, goes thru a pulley attached to
the tower, back thru a pulley at the top of the fixture, then down to the
winch. The winch is a worm gear type and sees only half of the raising force
required at the tower attach point. 73, Dan, N5AR