Re: [TowerTalk] Metric bolts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metric bolts
From: "Jason Creager" <jason@creager.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:35:03 -0800
We have a couple of great "everything and then some" stores in Las Vegas. One
of them is McFadden-Dale Hardware. They literally have every kind of nut, bolt,
washer, etc. in a variety of grades and finishes. If I need one or two of
something or need to browse to find the item, they're great.

However, if I need a box quantity, I order from McMaster-Carr. My last project
involving them was putting threaded inserts under the eave of my roof to hold
rope lights for Hallowe'en and Christmas. A box of fifty inserts was going to
cost $40 locally (nevermind the cost of the screws), but I ordered the exact
same item from McMaster-Carr with a box of of 100 machine screws for about $20
SHIPPED and it arrived the next day since Los Angeles is one day away via UPS
Ground.

McMaster-Carr has multiple locations across the country. You should definitely
give them a try.

Also, I don't know if they do it, but many companies that we use at work
(Grainger, Newark, etc.) will sell to you personally at your company's
negotiated discount. It can't hurt to ask. It may not be much of a discount,
but 10%-20% is still worth a phone call.

Jason
KC0ERG