[TowerTalk] QUESTION ON WIRE ANTENNA TERMINATIONS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] QUESTION ON WIRE ANTENNA TERMINATIONS
From: "John & Peggy" <bankhein@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:27:19 -0600

I wonder if I could get assistance on a wire antenna question?  I am using
#12 insulated wire and when it is terminated at the center and end
insulators, will the looping through and back around to itself have the same
effect on resonance than if it were a straight piece of wire?  I wonder how
much longer or shorter it will effectively add to the length of the antenna
- should I consider the amount being looped or does that cancel out.  I'm
thinking I would prefer to have the strength of the insulation passing
through the insulator versus stripping back 6 - 8" of the insulation and
running the bare wire through and soldered back on itself, but if I did
strip, I am assuming the length would be equivalent to that up to the center
of the insulator hole - correct?

Thank you....John K0JJH