Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of installing a tower.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of installing a tower.
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:38:25 -0500
If you need a rebar cage in the base, you'll have to figure the cost of
that; is that something you can make yourself?

I'd be inclined to take the tower manufacturer's drawings for the base
to a concrete contractor or two and get a price for the whole deal --
digging the hole, making and placing the rebar cage, delivering and
pouring the concrete, plus backfilling and removing excavated dirt if
necessary.

If the information's any use at all as a guide, last summer a local (W.
Michigan) contractor quoted me US$2700 for a pad-and-pier foundation for
a 60ft. Heavy Duty AN Wireless tower. I still haven't done anything
about it, and I didn't check on the price of the alternative solid-block
foundation (more steel and concrete but less labor because little or no
backfilling).

Alan NV8A