Re: [TowerTalk] HBX 56 section 6 7 and 8

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HBX 56 section 6 7 and 8
From: "Don Moman" <ve6jy@3web.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:17:02 -0000
I wouldn't use the Rohn.  I'd be concerned about the twist and then it
folding over after the rivets have been sheared off from the twist.  You
can't have it tied down 100% of the time.  You have a big investment in
time and $ to build the antenna array. Get (or build - it's only 24
feet) a real tower structure with some metal in it.  I'd use some 40"
face broadcast tower for this kind of application if I was doing this -
and I do plan to, one day....

73 Don
VE6JY