Re: [TowerTalk] Transformer for 50 Mhz

To: <kb0fhp@comcast.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Transformer for 50 Mhz
From: "Matt Patterson" <mattpatt@1starnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:41:15 -0600
This place has some...

http://www.cwsbytemark.com/prices/baluns1.php

73 Matt
W5LL

----- Original Message -----
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:23 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Transformer for 50 Mhz

I am looking for plans for a transformer/balun to couple 50 ohm at 50Mhz to
300 ohm.  The purpose is to load a TV antenna, allowable by HOA, on 6M.  I
have tested this antenna, using the standard transformer from 300 ohm to 75
ohm, using a MFJ SWR meter/analyzer and the SWR is flat from 50Mhz to
440Mhz.  Obviously there are a couple of peaks and dips.  But it has decent
SWR in the ham bands.  It even has a F/B of approximately 15-20db based on
S-meter.  Looking to run approximately 100 watts.

I have looked on the web via google and have had no luck - either I am using
the wrong search criteria or something else.

Thanks for your help - I am trying to help a ham get on the air who got into
the hobby after he bought a house in a HOA development.

Scott, KBØFHP