[TowerTalk] Outdoor connector protection, a wrapup

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Outdoor connector protection, a wrapup
From: "Steve K4FJ" <k4fj@myway.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:10:57 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for all the suggestions on protecting SO-239 and PL-259 connectors.  My
question, while it may have been unclear, pertained to SO-239 such as those on
an remote coax switch, and Pl-259 as those on the end of a disconnected coax.

The suggestions were good and included using fingers from rubber gloves,
condoms, pieces of garden hose, and, of course, tape.  Yes, the latter works
fine.

I found my answer at DX Engineering.  They sell the products, and they are
listed under End Caps on the web page.  The price is right.

Yes, tape works fine, too.

73, Steve

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.