Re: [TowerTalk] stacked kt34xa's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stacked kt34xa's
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:15:10 -0600
He has to have something wrong in that stack. K4XS had a good guess.

Assuming flat ground, on 20 meters the only time that monobander should
only be better than the stack is for signals arriving at greater than 20
degrees.  (That's after its big null at 17 degrees.)  Between 10 and 19
degrees, the stack should absolutely trounce the monobander.

On 15 meters, if he uses all the combinations, the monobander should
only win for signal arriving between 18 and 23 degrees.  There aren't
going to be a lot of those signals on 15 meters.

Jerry, K4SAV