Re: [TowerTalk] Decision: T8 or T11?

To: "Mark Adams, PE" <msadams@buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Decision: T8 or T11?
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:10:16 -0600
Mark:

Have you e-mailed Roger at Tennadyne  tennadyne@tennadyne.com.  He or
Chuck KA1PM (the former owner) <chazzo@ktc.com> can give you some really
good advice. I've talked to several hams who have the T8 and they tell
me they're using it on 6m with no decrease in performance even though
its not cut for it.  The T11 is a T8 with 3 elements for 6m is what
Chuck the former owner told me.

I opted for the T10 and have been well pleased with it, it beats the
heck out of the triband 3 element beam I had before.  I worked K7C and
3Y0X on 20 barefoot with a Kenwood TS 430S and the T10 is FLAT on all
bands all the way across, CW or phone portions. The 3Y0X op, 2 calls,  I
worked could not believe I was barefoot at the time I worked him.

My T10, which my XYL CHeryl (WY5H) bought for my birthday a couple yeas
ago)  is at 50 ft. on a TriEx W51 crankup.  I can only say great and
positive things about Tennadyne and I'm one of the world's worst
procrastinators.

73 de
Tom, WW5L / V31EF / 7P8TA (with a T6) / G0-WW5L / guest op at KH6BB /
and soon to be C91TA with a T8 at 50 feet from Mozambique at the end of
June and first two weeks of July.  Listen for me.  Even with low
sunspots I expect to put lots of  stateside calls in the log with the T8.