To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 39, Issue 81
From: Robin Midgett <K4IDC@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:09:54 -0600
Hi Doug,
I had similar problems with a G1000 last year...ended up replacing the
rotor cable, the problem disappeared. I replaced the cable with gell filled
& shielded 5 pair telephone cable; hopefully that will prevail against any
moisture infiltration.

One test you can do is monitor the voltage from the wiper terminal of the
pot in the rotor, at the control box. If the voltage there is varying
wildly as the rotor turns, then the problem is between the controller and
the rotor (cable included). If the voltage from the pot is steady in it's
increase or decrease as the rotor turns, then the problem is in the
controller. This helped me find the problem in mine; that and substituting
another control box (G-800).

At 09:39 PM 3/28/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 9
>Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:38:14 -0500
>From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Problem
>To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
>
>snip..
>I have a Yaesu G1000 rotator with a G800-S controller. When I put the
>combination up last year, it worked perfectly; it recently developed a
>problem. The pair is set up with south center and the overlap from south
>to west. From south to south, the needle moves at a varying speed and does
>not accurately report the rotator's position; it is accurate at when the
>rotator is at south (either the counterclockwise stop or when passing
>through south going clockwise into the overlap area). At the clockwise
>stop (due west),
>the needle points south-southwest.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Tnx,