Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain Crankup Tower HELP

To: "mike ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain Crankup Tower HELP
From: Dino Darling <dino@k6rix.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 15:49:05 -0800
Mike,

McMaster Carr has sheaves.  You can get them with
bronze or even sealed ball bearings.  For the
1/4" cable, they are only 2" diameter however.

McMaster Carr is a great place to buy all kind of parts!

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Catalog page 1316 for description and page 1317
for the 1/4" steel and stainless steel
sheaves.  Aluminum sheaves are used for regular
rope and should not be used with cable (wire rope).

>Hi guys?.a question for the braintrust.
>
>I am about to have a crane stand up my HG-70D HyGain Crank up tower.  I
>was replacing the cables this weekend and also had some spare sheaves
>for the cable to run over.  These are aluminum with bronze inserts.  The
>previous owner last replaced these sheaves during the Grover Cleveland
>Presidency.  They are SHOT. I did not have enough new ones to finish and
>I have no idea where to get them.  These are ½ in thick and 3? across
>and used to transport ¼ cables for the crank up.  Anyone have any idea
>where to get as close to an exact replacement as possible for these?
>I?d would need them asap and would have them overnighted here if
>possible.  Thanks as always?
>-- Mike, KB4CVL in Palmetto, Fl

Dino - K6RIX
dino@k6rix.com