Re: [TowerTalk] 60 Foot Rohn 25 Tower Plans

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 60 Foot Rohn 25 Tower Plans
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:01:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/6/06 1:40:11 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,
dave@lodave.org writes:

2)   I need to use Elevated Guys.  (I have small children and can't have
anything basically at head/neck level.  I'm planning to put the tops of  my guy
points at about 8 feet.  (Does this change the rating?) I plan to  also employ
a house bracket at 8 feet.  This is more for the initial  installation of the
tower, however, it's not bad extra  insurance

Anytime you change the original specs of the manufacturer, you are in
essence, becoming your own PE.  Without knowing how you plan to elevate the
anchor
points, what material you plan to use in doing so, how much concrete you  plan
on putting in the holes, not even a PE could give you a good answer.   Most
guys on the reflector are not PEs so any answer they give you would only be  an
educated guess.

The rating on the  60 ft Rohn 25 with a 90 MPH rating  is 10.2 sq ft.

Bill  K4XS