Re: [TowerTalk] Jungle forest attenuation

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Jungle forest attenuation
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:47:04 EDT

My QTH in FL is in a sub-tropical forest environment where most of the  trees
keep their leaves all year long and there have sap running the year  round.
My 15 meter Yagi stack is 33/66/99/132 feet high and is about 50  feet from a
sub-tropical forest which is about 80 feet tall.  I have never  felt it had
any effect on the antennas' effectiveness.  The forest is  located in the
direction of EU through South America.  No numbers to put  out, just my gut
feeling.

Bill K4XS