Re: [TowerTalk] Power limitation for N-Connectors

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Power limitation for N-Connectors
From: Ron Stordahl <ron.stordahl@digikey.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:31:25 -0500
The consensus is that N connectors are fine at 1500 watts up to 30 MHz
(and probably beyond but my use is 30 MHz or lower).  My problem with
N-connectors in the past, and it's a distant past, is in assembly..maybe
I had some bad ones.  And I am from the old school...like to use
solder.  But if the compression connection for the shield is good enough
and long lasting..apparently it must be..then fine.

The cable will be LDF5-50A which is foam.

Is there a certain connector which has a 'captive center pin' as you
mention?

My plan would be to use female connectors on the heliax, then male
connectors on the more flexible jumpers at the ends, probably short
length of 213.

Am I on the right path?

Ron Stordahl, N5IN