Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Painting
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 15:13:30 -0500
 An idea I had once concerning this, as I was getting it all over me, the
grass, my hair and my close, was to fill a PVC pipe longer
and a bit more in circumference than the tower leg with the stuff.

I think you can get it in liquids rather than sprays. It would probably be more
cost effective than the spray because you would
waste less in the air and in the paint brush.

Of course this would only work if the tower was just delivered new or
disassembled used.

This way you could actually dip it and cover the whole thing evenly, never
having to do it ever again.

You would of course have to seal the ends of the PVC so that it did not dry
when not in use.

This would probably save a lot of primer and be used in many other applications
as well.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
Visit My Ham Blog
http://www.ad5vj.com/

10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.