Re: [TowerTalk] self-supporting rohn 25g??

To: "'Martin & Ann Mein'" <hilltop531@frontiernet.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] self-supporting rohn 25g??
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:15:17 -0400
Because you are in an area where icing can occur, Rohn 25 would
not be self supporting at 40 feet.  In icing conditions the
wind load rating for a 70 MPH region is 2.5 square feet at 30
feet and no antenna at 40 feet.

You would need Rohn 55 to have any capacity at 40' with icing.

These numbers come from the chart in my old Rohn catalog.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV