[TowerTalk] Fw: [SCCC] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: [SCCC] SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
From: "Dr. Howard S. White" <drpaper@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:46:04 -0700

Actually the media types were totally biased against the ham... they only
interviewed negative comments and took a very hostile view of the antenna...
They took close ups of wires to highlight the ugliness of the antenna....

In an attempt at balance they did finally concede at the end that the
SteppIR played a role in saving lives and property during recent natural
disasters...

If I were doing the same story... I would start with pictures of natural
disasters, then show hams saving lives, then show the antenna that saved
lives.. and finally show the Nasty Neighbors and their selfish self centered
views complaining about how the antenna should not be there even though it
saved lives... now that is a Balanced Story....

Heck:  When my neighbors found out that my MonstIR was involved in saving
lives during Katrina... They complained to the city that I had violated my
building permit since I had originally stated that it was being used for
emergency communications..  and by being involved in saving lives outside of
La Jolla, CA, I was exceeding my permit....and should have to remove the
antenna....

Nothing is going to satisfy Nasty Neighbors...   Just be thankful if you
have nice ones....
Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"