Re: [TowerTalk] RE : SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE : SteppIr's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:18:16 EDT
Someone please correct me if this is wrong...

Several years ago I installed some equipment at Travis AFB. Near the end of
the main runway were some really nice - and big - houses that were obviously
not  occupied.
When I asked what was with the houses I was told that they were built and
then a lawsuit was brought because of the NOISE from Travis. They have BIG
airplanes at Travis.

Documents were produced in court showing that the noise was WAY above
acceptable levels for people. The judge agreed -- Then condemned the houses  as
uninhabitable. And there they sat, big, beautiful, EMPTY.

True story? I sure hope so!   (I do trust the guy that told it to  me.)

Anyone on the list in Vacaville, or nearby that can verify? Are the  houses
still sitting there empty?

73,  Don - K4BEV