[TowerTalk] Best tower for salt environment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best tower for salt environment
From: "Kelly Jones" <kjones@virtualcohesion.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:09:29 -0600
TTs,

I am working on a project that involves building a station near salt water
in the Caribbean.  The idea of a crankup has been tossed around, but I'm
wondering how well the mechanics would hold up over time.

Using Rohn 45 is certainly an option, but I'm assuming it would need to be
painted every year or two to keep it in check.  I've also tossed the idea of
using a self supporter around.

So I defer to the experts - what would the suggestions be?

73
Kelly - N0VD