Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS

To: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>,Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Website Alarms the Public about ANTENNAS
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:13:16 -0700
At 06:00 AM 5/18/2006, W0UN -- John Brosnahan wrote:
>Here is what the web site has to say about antennas, preying on
>the fears of the public.
>
>http://www.antennasearch.com/
>

>Did You Know?

<snip>
>START YOUR ANTENNA SEARCH NOW for only $9.95

John, you're not seeing the income potentials created by this:

Did You Know?

Amateur Radio Operators may be in your neighborhood!

They can transmit with (equivalent isotropic) Radiated Power* of over a
million watts!

Find out if one of these operators is near you!

For only $19.95, we'll search our extensive databases, compiled by agencies
of the federal government, and provide you with a list of operators within
10 miles of your home and/or children's school (separate searches require
payment of a second fee).

Call now, operators are standing by!

* equivalent isotropic radiated power is how scientists studying the
effects of non-ionizing radiation characterize the radiators.