Re: [TowerTalk] Side Mounting Yagi's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Side Mounting Yagi's
From: "Dan Levin" <djl@andlev.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:43:46 -0700
> Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:17:45 -0500
> From: "Paul Jansen" <PJansen@cctent.com>
> Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting tri-band beam to tower...
>
> What is the preferred method to side mount a fixed position tri-band beam
> Rohn 25G?

The "obvious way", assuming that you want it aligned with a face of the
tower:

- Buy an aluminum plate ~6" wide by 24" long.  At each end, drill two holes
(one above the other) to mount a u-bolt suitable for the boom of the
antenna.  Hold it up to the face of the tower, and at the appropriate
spacing drill holes to mount two u-bolts, one above the other but oriented
with their legs parallel to the ground, at each leg of the tower.  Bolt the
plate to the tower, then bolt the antenna to the plate.

I actually use an aluminum U channel on my free-standing tower (the channel
faces up), so that I can drop the antenna into the channel and then bolt it
down rather than trying to hold it up and bolt it on at the same time.

If you don't want it aligned with a face, then I have no idea what the
typical method is :-)

                             ***dan, K6IF