Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help Needed Replacing Crank-Up Cable on US Tower
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 08:50:59 -0700
I have tried to sketch out the cable stringing of the tower using a large
bag of clothespins to snap onto what I have already sketched but am not
confident of being accurate.  I would certainly try to follow the advice of
pulling the new cable through by attaching to the old cable(s).  If anyone
has a sketch I would appreciate receiving a copy.

But before going to all that trouble and expense I would carefully inspect
the cables and if showing no nicks, corrosion, or rust would leave them as
is and instead replace the momentary down-off-up switch with a non-momentary
one.  That would allow one to  throw the switch to the desired direction,
stand away from under the antennas, and apply power while watching from a
safe position.

k7puc