Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com, nv8a@att.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower questions
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:53:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2006 1:25:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I don't know whether there is more comprehensive information  in the UST
printed catalog, but on line they give wind-loading figures for  no more
than 70mph. I live in a county for which the wind speeds may be up  to 85mph.

    Then you'll need one of their heavier duty  versions and a non-aggressive
tower load in order to get the tower approved  for that windspeeed.

>  People have said that UST says that  their towers are intended to be
installed by "professionals" -- but can  these people get the necessary
information either?

    Umm, well I'm on the UST factory authorized  installer list plus I've
spent time at the factory to learn how to cable their  products and I haven't
been successful about getting much out of them either.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams