Re: [TowerTalk] Ground resistance

To: "Jay Schwisow" <jay@kt5e.us>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground resistance
From: "jgroover6@concast.net" <jgroover6@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:44:47 -0400
The gold standard that power companies us is a device called a Megger. I
think a company called Bindel or something close to that makes them.
However, I bought an Extech 382152 ground tester kit.  I think it lists for
$200.  I searched around the web and found a guy selling them for around
$145.
Here, I have a sandy soil with little clay content so I souped the site up
with bentonite and epson salts.  I started out with 15 ohms and ended with
only 4...provided things are moist.-James KB4RMN