Re: [TowerTalk] Shock-absorbing lanyard arrived

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shock-absorbing lanyard arrived
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:45:02 +0000
Bill et al:

     The term <Rebar> is used in conjunction with safety lanyards because the
snap hooks at the far end of the lanyards were originally used as positioning
systems to clip iron workers onto the rebar cages they are building for large
projects, like skyscrapers, commercial towers, etc.  These cages are immense
and workers have to climb all over the rebar cages to tie the junctions
together with wire.

     The snap hooks at the ends of my (and others') safety lanyards are these
same type, except we Hams typically refer to them as gorilla hooks.  We
typically use the gorilla hooks to attach our fall-arrest system to the tower,
while using a belt or rope lanyard to attach ourselves to the tower with our
positiong systems.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>