Re: [TowerTalk] HG-70

To: Barrie Smith <barrie@centric.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HG-70
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:47:36 -0700
On Jun 21, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Barrie Smith wrote:

> While there appears to be a number of HG-70HD users here, I'd like
> to ask a couple of questions.
>
> First, I've never had my HG-70 cranked up all the way because it's
> difficult for me to see how I would know when it was "just about
> there".  I don't want to run it up until it bangs against the stops.
>
> How do you fellows proceed to determine when it's all the way up
> without potential damage?
>
> Also, is there a way to make a switch that would cun the power to
> the "up" voltage when the tower was almost all the way up?
>
> Any information appreciated!
>
> 73, Barrie, W7ALW

I've never had a motorized crankup, but the way to handle that is
with a limit switch which cuts off the power when the tower reaches a
specified position.  Likewise, one can be used to do the same in the
down position, as well as foldover mechanisms.  The U.S. Tower web
site indicates that their towers have these and hopefully other
manufacturers do also.

73 - Bob, N7XY