Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: mystery low band antenna between Chevroland Gou

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: mystery low band antenna between Chevroland Goujon,
From: Ffive VHN <f5vhn@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:32:24 +0100 (BST)
Hi Eric,

I do not know if it is this but, I know that there are
some tests going on at the moment for Digital low band
broadcasts. The idea was to have a hand full of
transmitters dotted around the country to cover the
whole of France. (I think they had 5 or 6
transmitters.) I seem to remember that these tests
were around the 5MHz mark.
The transmitter that I know of is just out side paris
and they used an endfed vertical hung off a telcom
tower. That was high power as well.
I'll do some investigating........

There are also some medium wave AM braodcast station
still active, but it dosn't look like that.

The Police used to have a Low band radio network to
cover the whole country but that have been replaced
with a TETRA type of system.

Having said that it could be anything, and we will
never know.

It is usual that there are no signs. Even TV
transmitters and VHF transmitters have no signs.

Eric, why didn't you pop in and say 'allo.

73 Froggy Robert F5VHN