Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Grounding on a tower.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Grounding on a tower.
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:57:36 -0500
Roger,

Here's a couple pictures of the bulkhead assembly I made for the top of my
tower...

http://tinyurl.com/rc9v2   See photo's D, E, and F.

At HF there's negligible insertion loss through a couple extra connectors.

BTW, I'm done fighting the PL-259 soldering issues and going with crimp-on
connectors for my Belden 9913 cable. I just ordered a couple dozen from
Tessco along with the proper die for my crimper. I'll see how these work
over the long run. I never was a crimp fan until I started working with
computer network cables and saw how secure the connections really were.

Also, I run my cables down the inside of the south legs to gain some
shielding from the high-noon sun.

73 de Bob - K0RC

Message: 5