Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna comparisons

To: <britech@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna comparisons
From: "Christopher J Galbraith" <cgalbrai@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:51:14 -0700
Hi Allen,

There were some assumptions here, for sure--here are some specifics:

The SteppIR gain was modeled by a 4-element NBS Yagi (optimized gain) and
the LPDA was modeled by a 12-element LPDA design from the ARRL Antenna Book,
with gain calculated by EZNEC (we were looking at the T-12).  The other
antenna we were considering was a TH7DX, which we did not simulate, but used
gain figures (measured) given by Roger WB0DGF here:

http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2002-07/msg00739.html

The TH11DX looks like quite a different antenna from the TH7DX, being a sort
of hybrid Yagi-Uda and LPDA.  It may give a bit more gain, or more flat gain
over frequency, than the TH7DX.

73, Chris KA8WFC