Re: [TowerTalk] Ends of Dipoles - Mythbusting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ends of Dipoles - Mythbusting
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:31:35 -0700
Tom, W7WHY, wrote

> Finally, I took the antenna down, and found that the
> closeline had a wire inside,

I did a favor for one of my female associates in the office, and she kindly
reciprocated with a small loaf of home baked banana bread on a paper plate with
plastic wrap and a nice pretty bow on it.

Umh, I just put the whole thing in the microwave to heat it up as didn't see
any "metal" involved.

Fortunately I was standing right there when black smoke started pouring out so
shut it off and opened the m/wave door to see a small fire inside.

Maybe it was the plastic wrap, but I discovered that the bow material had
"hidden" WIRES inside of the material ;-(

You haven't lived until you have you have had to scrub a thick layer of black
smoke/soot off the inside of an all white microwave.

Yup, watch out for those "hidden" wires...and not just with antennas!!!

73...

Rick, K6VVA